Last Updated: February 25, 2019
INFORMATION RISE COLLECTS FROM YOU
What you provide to Rise
For you to create a Rise account and use the Services, Rise may collect certain information about you:
With respect to talent: your full name, email address, username, password, location, a short personal biography, your employment history, education, certifications, skills, work samples, your hourly rate, a profile photo, your bank account information (through Stripe.com) for payment.
With respect to companies: email address, industry, and company size in revenue.
You can control this information by updating or correcting your Rise account information by editing your account settings within Rise.
We also receive the following content through the Rise Services platform:
Project postings, pitches and proposals, company name, files that you upload, social media account information (if any), platform activity (such as number of projects posted), number of hires, reviews, as well as content through surveys, contests, promosition, sweepstakes, activities or events.
All payments are handled through Stripe. Rise does not receive your payment information, nor does Rise maintain any copies of any such information.
If for some reason you ever want to delete your account, you can delete your account from the account settings within Rise; but please be advised that Rise may retain certain information in backup or as required by law.
What Rise Collects Automatically By Your Use of the Services
Rise collects the following information automatically:
- Usage Information and basic analytics. Rise collects information about your activity and the data you send and receive through our Services.
- Website Log Information. Rise collects log file information when you use our website. Log file information includes, among other things, your web browser type and language, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the website you visited prior to navigating to our websites.
- Device Information. Rise collects information from and about the devices that you use to access the Services. This includes information such as the hardware model, operating system and version, and unique device identifiers. Rise also collects certain device information that will help diagnose problems in the event that you experience any crash or other problem while using the Rise Services. So, for example, if we detect a crash or problematic event, Rise may collect the list of applications on your device and other information about your device’s performance at the time of the event to troubleshoot.
- Location Information. We collect your location through google analytics, as well as by your voluntary submissions of location information to the Services platform.
Information that Rise Collects When you Contact Us
Please feel free to reach out at to Rise with questions at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Of course, when you contact the Rise support team or communicate with Rise in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you voluntarily provide to us.
How Rise Uses the Information it Collects
Rise uses the information it collects to attempt to consistently improve upon our Services, as well as the following:
- Provide and deliver the products, services, and functionality that you request, process transactions, and send you related information;
- Communicate with you;
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage;
- Develop, improve, and refine products, services, and functionality;
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity, through a manual approval process;
- To share your project postings or profiles with other users with accounts. For example, when you as a Talent bid on a project, certain information about you is shared with the user posting the project, including your first name, your location, your engagement history on the platform, and other profile information. Ultimately, you choose how much detail you want to include in either your project posting or your profile; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Where Rise Processes Information:
Rise is based in the United States. Although we provide services to individuals and companies outside of the U.S., please be advised that, by using the Services, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
How Rise Shares Your Information
Here’s the type of information that Rise may share about you with others and how we do so:
- When you share content on Rise, that information is only available to be viewed by members who are logged in to the platform, and as follows:
- Talent: When you include profile information, you can decide to make the information public or private. If you are listed as “available for hire,” then your profile is public, and employers can view your first name and username as your identifying information (but not your last name or email address), as well as any fields into which you have opted-in, such as work experience, awards and portfolio information. If you are listed as private, then only employers to whom you have specifically applied for jobs will be able to see your profile (including your full name, biography, years of experience, work history, and username).
- Companies: Talent can view bids that you post, but the company name will be masked. However, if you initiate a chat with talent, or accept a bit from talent then talent can view your company name, the project description, budget and the number of people who have worked on the project. Other employers cannot view your content.
- When other users view your postings, they will be able to view information that you provide, including, at a minimum, your name and contact information.
- Rise may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf.
- Rise may be required to share information that it has collected in response to legal process or a request for information if, in our sole and exclusive opinion, such disclosure is consistent with, or required by, any applicable law, rule, or regulation; to investigate or remedy potential violations of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- BY SHARING YOUR CONTENT, YOU AGREE TO ACCEPT EMAILS, NEWSLETTERS, MARKETING AN/DOR PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS FROM RISE.
Rise may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you, to help us improve our Services.
You can set your profile as “unavailable” at any time. Should you elect to close your account, you can do so by emailing email@example.com. Please be advised that Rise may keep copies of content in backup, and/or as required by law.
Analytics and Services Provided By Others
The Security of Your Information
Rise takes all reasonable measures possible to protect the information that we collect from or about you from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Please be aware that, however, that although we endeavor provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.