Account Manager for the U.S. University Market (REMOTE WORKING)
We are seeking a sales professional with experience in the higher education market to join our Student Memberships sales team. This role is responsible for the company’s product sales, primarily the Wall Street Journal at colleges and universities in the US.
The ideal candidate should have an entrepreneurial spirit, be creative, self-motivated and possess a quantifiable record of success with a demonstrated ability to meet and exceed goals. A strong interest in media and applications to learning is important.
- MEET NEW BUSINESS TARGETS: Generate new streams of revenue and circulation through sales of products and services to new to company prospects
- IDENTIFY PROSPECTS: Complete market analysis to identify good potential new to company target universities, plus the specific roles and individuals to be prospected
- PROSPECT: Pro-actively contact the targets identified. Quickly qualify genuine opportunities and move these to the next stage of the sales process, or quickly move on in cases where no worthwhile opportunity exists
- ANALYZE OPPORTUNITIES: Understand the business issues affecting target schools, then ensure this knowledge is the foundation for our communications with prospects
- PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE: Clearly express the value proposition and benefits of the company’s products and solutions, and use this knowledge to ensure that solutions address clear business needs for the prospect
- FORECAST: Manage Sales Forecast and Pipeline to ensure accurate recording of prospecting activity, conversion success, active sales opportunities at each stage of the sales process and forthcoming new business revenue
- MANAGE PROSPECT/CLIENT INFORMATION: Keep accurate and clear records within the global CRM system to provide a solid deal history, showing clearly the steps taken to reach closure on new business deals
- RENEW EXISTING ACCOUNTS: Manage ongoing relationships with existing customers to ensure customers satisfaction. Recognize opportunities to expand relationships. Renew accounts.
Skills & Experience
- Confident at cold calling, understanding the best times to successfully reach prospects when they are ready to listen
- Strong results orientation, with the commitment and drive to achieve a new business goal in a demanding and competitive business environment
- Passionate about closing business, with a can do attitude and ability to work independently when needed
- Good communication skills (listening, questioning, written and verbal) to ensure the Dow Jones value position is clearly articulated to prospects and a persuasive business case is presented in email and verbal communications
- Strong technology skills for online and on-site presentations to prospects and customers
- Excellent telephone skills; feel comfortable building rapport, developing business relationships and demonstrating products over the telephone
- High level of business awareness to help build credibility with the prospect, spot potential opportunities, and express the benefits of the company in the appropriate business context
- Expertise in pushing enterprise or complex sales forward
- Strong negotiation and closing skills to build a solid and persuasive business case, overcome objections, use solid supporting information where necessary, and ensure sales opportunities are managed to a successful conclusion
- This is full-time remote working position, candidate with previous remote working experience is a plus but not mandatory