At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for low-income Americans. Over 2 million people use our first product, Fresh EBT, to manage government benefits on their EBT card, save money, and earn income. Read more about the impact of Fresh EBT here, here, and here. This year we are expanding further into the financial services space with the aim of building new products that help our users manage the other aspects of their financial lives.
Fresh EBT works with advertising partners to help our users find new ways to save money or earn income. The business development team is responsible for driving revenue and crafting valuable new partnerships for Fresh EBT users. You will be responsible for leading relationships with key advertising partners, encompassing both the tactical (making sure campaigns get done!) to the highly strategic (deeply understanding client goals and how Fresh EBT can support them).
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
What we offer:
- Immediate opportunity to make an impact and grow the ads business
- Broad start-up business exposure — you’ll gain account management, project management, and sales experience, but also be a key part of setting business strategy
- A get-stuff-done, fun, and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- A dog-friendly office based in Downtown Brooklyn
What you will do:
- Lead key client relationships end-to-end (from post-sales through retention / ongoing engagement)
- Build new, creative solutions for deeper partnerships, co-marketing / PR, exclusive offers and more in new uncharted territories
- Ensure that campaigns are successfully executed; manage campaigns externally and internally (across teams such as ads implementation, design, product, etc.)
- Actively monitor and suggest optimizations for campaigns
- Create thoughtful wrap-up presentations that capture campaign results and learning
- Act as a strategic partner to the client to help them understand low-income consumers and to identify next steps and campaigns
- Serve as the customer expert to other Propel teammates
What you have:
- 4+ years of work experience, with account management or other client-facing experience a plus; digital advertising experience not required
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to build high-quality client-facing presentations
- Strategic and creative approach: able to quickly learn about new industries, suggest new ideas to test, etc.; excited about building new services and processes
- Interest in learning how different industries, products, and services contribute to and/or serve the experiences of low-income Americans
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment where you’ll be asked to balance multiple priorities
- Deep desire to help fulfill Propel’s mission of building modern, effective, and respectful tools for low-income Americans
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.