We are looking for an energetic, detail-oriented Controller to lead accounting operations, financial & royalty reporting, tax, banking, compliance and more! As a key member of the finance team, you will own Splice’s accounting processes, and provide ongoing guidance to the Splice finance team. This is an amazing opportunity to own in-depth business operating/accounting as you’ll be working closely with teams cross-functionally on a variety of challenges and opportunities.
What You’ll Do?
- Manage all aspects of corporate accounting, directing all day-to-day technical and financial accounting activities and functions of the company, including timely and accurate monthly financial reporting.
- Oversee accounting team and work very closely with Corp finance team on ad-hoc requests
- Manage both international and domestic subsidiaries; master inter-company transactions and periodic consolidation process
- Manage relationships with external accounting firms, tax advisors and other 3rd party professional services
- Oversee monthly close process to issue timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Manage periodic and annual tax filings and returns, and ensure timely submission to authorities
- Manage accounting of business acquisitions (stock purchase agreements, asset purchases, etc)
- Review content and licensing agreements and apply appropriate accounting treatment of each (including advances and amortizations, payouts, content and production capitalization techniques, etc)
- End-to-end oversight and accountability for all royalty and licensing calculations and reporting obligations
- Understand marketplace payment platforms and complexities of payout services (Paypal, Shopify, Stripe, etc)
- Instill and promote an environment that lives Splice values
What We’re Looking For?
As a Controller at Splice, you might find yourself:
- Active CPA required
- BS or Masters in Accounting with 7+ years combined experience between Big 4 and controller for SaaS and/or FinTech company
- Prior experience using and implementing a cloud based ERP (Netsuite preferred)
- Understanding of debt, financing models and cash flow preparation
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SOX required
- Prior acquisition experience, including accounting for business combinations and asset purchases as well as managing business integration
- Strong understanding of royalty accounting
- You have a solid understanding of SaaS financial and accounting technology, payments software and transaction processing and willing to dive head first into new systems
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able adapt to a constantly evolving, hyper growth business
- Ability to work cross functionally with all departments with various work styles and personalities
- You understand the numbers and are able to provide strategic perspectives
- Have the ability to see the larger picture, providing timely insights and analysis to cross-functional stakeholders
- Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a fast-paced environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies