Coda is looking for a data engineer who will help design, source and build foundational data sets that will power deep product analytics, experimentation, and business warehouses.
Your work will unlock insights enabling our team to execute with speed and confidence. Your data sets and pipelines will allow us to tailor the product experience based on our customers’ needs and behaviors, while simultaneously empowering our marketing and sales teams to reach and engage our users effectively.
As a member of Coda’s engineering team, you will operate as a software engineer and have the opportunity to work broadly across the entire product, servers, infrastructure and data stack. You’ll work closely with a stellar team of passionate, experienced engineers, data scientists, designers, and product managers who’ve have been instrumental in building some of the most widely-used technology products in the world, including YouTube, Google Drive/Docs, Amazon AWS, Pinterest, and Microsoft Azure.
If you are data curious, excited about designing data sets and pipelines, producing insights and shining a light on the business through data, we’d love to hear from you! You have the opportunity to have an outsized impact on the future direction of data within Coda.
Our current stack consists of server infrastructure running on Kubernetes in Amazon AWS, Snowflake for warehousing, Apache Airflow for orchestration, Mode Analytics for dashboarding, Python and SQL for datapipelines. We believe in using the best tool for the job in hand, and don’t shy away from solving hard problems!
Key responsibilities include
- Building robust, efficient ETL pipelines from different sources (S3, Relational Databases, external systems) to Snowflake with Apache Airflow.
- Developing dashboards, company wide datasets that power product analytics, revenue, experimentation, and data oriented product features.
- Gathering and understanding internal data requirements, working in the team to achieve high-quality data ingestion and build systems that can process the data and transform the data, providing ad-hoc access to large data-sets.
- Building pipelines that deliver your datasets into external tools such as Intercom and Salesforce.
- Building expertise around Coda’s data and helping grow this data gene among Codans.
- Developing and evangelizing event schemas and logging patterns across the entire engineering team to power product analytics. Doing this with an eye towards security and compliance (such as GDPR, and CCPA).
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a technical focused discipline such as computer science, engineering or math.
- You have worked with SQL and data warehousing systems such as Snowflake, Oracle, Redshift, Teradata, SQL Server, etc.
- Experience with workflow management technologies such as Airflow, Luigi, SSIS, etc.
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on data design.