Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Director of Content to help us build our content strategy and manage our editorial processes into an engine for growth and engagement.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As a Director of Content, you’ll:
- Work closely with the VP of Marketing to define the content strategy, and develop an action plan
- Develop distribution plans for and align all customer-facing content (blog, university, YouTube, events, conferences, etc.) with our customer journey and brand
- Manage and grow a team of content producers and strategists in addition to our pool of talented freelance, community, and internal writers
- Act as managing editor to ensure that content is meeting both brand and editorial standards — from high-level content planning to detailed in-line editing
- Oversee Webflow’s entire content production process — from defining our overall content strategy to overseeing individual campaigns from kickoff to analysis
- Manage our original content production efforts and make sure we’re building off of and complementing each other’s work
- Create an actionable content strategy across all of our marketing channels that talks to our 3 main buyer personas: freelancers, in house designers, and business stakeholders
That said, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your core responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as our Director of Content if you:
- Have significant experience leading and managing content teams in brand and/or marketing roles
- Have experience shaping a brand’s footprint through content
- Have people management experience within a high growth company or startup
- Enjoy working cross-functionally to make sure there is consistency in our brand voice and tone across a variety of initiatives
- Have a background in SaaS, B2B, or design software industry
- Work well in a rapidly changing environment
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.