We are a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. Our North America Compute and Networking organization is looking for a Director, Network Sales and Systems Engineering. This role is based remotely and cover our Western region of the US.
A career as a Director, Network Sales and Systems Engineering is one which is truly exciting, highly dynamic, challenging and very rewarding. This position is a leader of our consultative sales and pre-sales engineers that represents our Networking portfolio.
- Manages a team of networking Sales Specialists and Networking Sales Engineers and oversees complex, large and strategic opportunities for commercial and public customers.
- Provides direction to Networking Sales Engineering and Sales area in addition to Core Business Sale Org and DCSE/ASE organization.
- Develops and communicates strategic Sales Engineering and/or Specialist plans and pipeline development
- Develops and communicates the development of teams technical development and customer knowledge
- Mentors director-level reports and any other peripheral groups to drive the Networking business – Field and Inside
- Consults with customers’ technical executive leadership
- Develops strategies to optimize effectiveness and productivity of sales engineering and sales specialist resources
- Ability to develop and translate executive-level business strategy into results. Exposure across Public and Commercial account sets.
- Expert ability to apply advanced concepts in the technical engineering field to practical business problems
- Expert ability to communicate technical concepts, architectures and designs, program strategies, and tactics clearly throughout a global management team
- Expert presentation skills
- Expert negotiation skills and the ability to establish mutually beneficial program commitments and expectations with customers at the executive level
- Expert level of solutions and technical knowledge. Expert understanding of customer/industry climate
- Typically 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Ideal locations for the candidate to be based: Southern California, Northern California, Denver, Seattle, Kansas City, Portland
- Knowledge of Networking portfolio, experience leading technical and sales teams
- Knowledge of Competitive Networking products and offerings in the commercial market ( Cisco, Arista, Extreme HP, Campus/Wireless providers)
- Software Defined Networking exposure/background
- Strong Sales Delivery to goals
- Familiarity with SFDC, DSA, My Quotes, Workday, BMS
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills and established relationships in territory