You will support strategic decision making and model out the financial impact of new opportunities. You will make what is complex simple and build elegant models that are both accurate and easy-to-understand. You will work cross-functionally on key initiatives with a direct and quantifiable impact on our P&L. The role requires someone who is highly analytical and strategic, approaches problems in a structured manner, and is comfortable with ambiguity. This role will provide thoughtful insight into business trends to internal business partners and our executive team, that help facilitate key decisions. You will report and work closely with the VP of Operations & Finance.
- Build and maintain financial models for the company
- Evaluate potential investments, build frameworks for measuring ROI and provide recommendations that aid decision-making
- Lead company-wide budgeting and monthly forecasting
- Collaborate with all departments to lead and support strategic initiatives
- Define and track KPIs to ensure resources are efficiently allocated, and help continuously improve reporting frameworks and tools
- Develop a reporting cadence and automated processes that combine sound data flows and insightful KPIs to generate a monthly Board and management reporting packages
- Help shape the company’s long-term strategy by researching potential growth opportunities and modeling out their financial impact
The Ideal candidate
Always excited by new challenges and never afraid by the unknown
- Deep knowledge of subscription-based e-commerce business model and success metrics
- 5 years (minimum) of experience in a financial analysis role. Experience in top tier Investment banking and/or high Growth consumer e-commerce startup is a real plus.
- Strong financial modeling skills and a very high level of comfort with Microsoft Excel
- Outstanding quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with the ability to formulate and articulate valid conclusions
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work cross-functionally, and a knack for presenting financial information in a way that others can understand easily
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured environment
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to liaise with all aspects of the business
Understand & Embody our Values:
- We know the best ideas come from open minds and willingness to listen. While our products cater to the individual, an invitation into our process is always open to our community.
- We value our differences and diverse backgrounds by communicating openly, managing with transparency and striving to understand one another’s perspective. It’s a key ingredient to our innovation.
- Our strength as a group will outlast our efforts as individual contributors. With offices across countries (and across boroughs) staying inventive and agile deepens our clear vision and consistent communication.
- We stay in a spirit of entrepreneurial collaboration: We do not have consensus at all times, but we trust one another to work toward our common goals. Our success is an expression and result of our progressive and gratifying teamwork.
- We value ownership and coaching that encourages employees to think constructively and creatively about the business. We view employees as leaders and individuals who are accountable, resourceful and responsible. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to lead.
- We recognize that in order to continue thinking one step ahead, we will need to try new things. We strive to provide an open environment that accepts this truth making space for new ideas to emerge.
- We assume good intentions in every interaction keeping ourselves accountable for the climate we create. We seek to understand our co-workers through this lens of conscious bienveillance, authenticity and fellowship.
- We operate with the intention of preserving resources, creating an environment we can all live in–for our business and the world. Sustainable care is essential to our ethos as an organization. We take a mindful approach to how we think about our people (employees) and our planet.
Perks & Benefits:
we value our employees and their well-being. As a growing business we aim to stay up to par on the latest perks and benefits for all of our eligible team members. Some of these include but are not limited to:
- A competitive and flexible PTO policy
- Competitive compensation package (base salary, target bonus and equity)
- Company sponsored health care plan (medical, dental and vision plans)
- 401k + matching, FSA and commuter benefits
- On-going training and development programs (think annual conferences, training or proficiency allowances- French lessons anyone?)
- Company wide “annual kickoff” offsite (at a location to be disclosed)
- Free lunch weekly and an abundance of office snacks (which may include the occasional croissant, macaroons and cheese spread)