We’re looking an expert multi-tasker experienced in planning massive events for teams of upwards of 1000 people. If you love designing amazing events, negotiating great deals with vendors, and wrangling 100s of people traveling from around the world, read on…
- You have designed and managed events for at least 300 people.
- You’re a good steward of the company’s money and can find the perfect balance between saving money and keeping attendees happy.
- You’re no stranger to booking travel arrangements for massive groups of people.
- You are extremely detail oriented!
- You’re data driven and love working with numbers.
- You are excited to learn how we are currently doing events and why.
- You are a creative thinker and feel comfortable making suggestions on how we can improve events as we grow.
- You’re an expert negotiator who makes deals with the company’s best interests in mind.
- You excel in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- You keep inclusivity in mind in all of your planning choices.
Things You Might Do
We are a fast-growing, remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Source venues and find the perfect spot to host retreats for groups ranging from 10 to 1000 people.
- Create, manage, and adhere to a budget for all events.
- Ensure every team member books their flights on time and within approved budgets.
- Work with venues to create menus that cater to allergies and dietary restrictions.
- Communicate all details of events to attendees in advance and setting expectations for events. This includes writing internal blog posts and creating websites for events.
- Traveling to most of our dept retreats to handle details and anything the team needs you to do.
- Manage every aspect of the events once on-site, including welcoming attendees, working with the venue staff to make sure everything is going as planned, making sure all event attendees are taken care of, arriving early to set up the venue and staying late to tear everything down.
- Ensuring all attendees feel comfortable and included
- Collecting feedback after events and making suggestions for improvement based on that feedback
- Find creative ways to improve our events as we grow.
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best experience as possible.
For the past six years, we have been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth.
Our team of 180+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies.
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.