ob Description – Field Marketing Manager Americas, East
GitHub is the home for all developers globally. We help businesses succeed by building better software, together. We are passionate about bringing GitHub to developers at companies and organizations all over the world.
GitHub is looking for a Field Marketing Manager to build and execute successful field marketing programs with the Americas East Sales team. The Field Marketing Manager will partner with the Sales to support revenue, pipeline and other goals of the region. They will collaborate closely with the Demand Gen team to build integrated marketing campaigns, adapt messaging and campaigns for execution in market, and communicate the field’s needs back to corporate marketing.
The right candidate understands end-to-end customer journey in enterprise sales; understands the selling needs of their region and the unique industry and vertical presence in the eastern region of the United States; is driven by data and results; and has a high bar for success. The role is designed for a seasoned field marketer who has successfully partnered with sales leadership at an enterprise technology company, and is ready to evolve.
Ideal candidate for this role is based in the US East Coast.
- Develop and execute field marketing plans that supports regional sales strategy. Provide guidance to sales about marketing tactics to achieve their goals
- Partner with Demand Gen to create and execute integrated campaigns and programs using the appropriate motions and target lists for your region
- Identify, plan, execute and track a variety of regional programs including GitHub-hosted events, sponsored events and tradeshows, user group meetings and regional customer meetings
- Work with Field Sales, Sales Development and Account Management teams to deliver results for regional integrated campaigns
- Ensure compliance with government regulations and GitHub policies with respect to marketing to government entities; develop a set of standard practices for maintaining that compliance in the long term
- Ensure timely lead routing and follow up with local teams to track success metrics
- Establish and proactively manage to budget, being vigilant in tracking; evaluate results against goals
- Develop a regional approach to our MSFT co-sell motion that will help us partner in the field
- Generate learnings for improvement and document field marketing best practices and feedback from the sales teams
- Help drive and coordinate the creation of regional customer case studies, news stories, press releases, and event communications. Provide field feedback to corporate marketing, PMM, Demand Gen and other marketing and enablement teams
- Be the face of marketing to the field sales teams, and work with sales enablement to communicate marketing initiatives in a timely manner
- 5+ years of experience in event or field marketing, preferably in enterprise technology
- Proven track record of working with sales organization to build and deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to execute successful projects with minimal guidance in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Attention to detail and strong program management skills to juggle multiple projects and requests
- Experience running events of all sizes
- Clear, thoughtful communicator (verbal and written)
- Must be comfortable contributing strategically as well as lead day-to-day tactical execution
- Eager to roll up your sleeves and get it done
- Experience marketing to developers, engineering management, and system administrators a plus
- Experience running ABM strategies in the field a plus
- Comfortable with 35%-50% travel in region