We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager who believes in Product Led Growth. You’ll join a team of diverse, passionate people from around the world to help build on our existing base of 10,000+ customers. We’re at a pivotal point in the company’s growth and you’ll have the opportunity to develop the engine for a company that is socially conscious and customer first.
About the role
- You’d be responsible for ensuring that customers are set up for success from Day 1, and that they love it so much that they tell their friends.
- You’ll spend most of your time working hands-on with cross-functional design and engineering teams to find new ways of delivering value to customers.
- Your team will be made up of a few engineers, a design lead, and an engineering coach. Together, you’ll own the growth engine and onboarding areas of the product and work to iteratively deliver Product Led improvements and new features that drive customer growth and expansion.
- Starting with customer research and data, you’ll be working alongside Product, Sales and Marketing leads to understand the needs of companies who invest in the platform.
- You’ll constantly iterate on our process and help define better ways of working.
- You will be the voice of the business within the team. You deeply understand the market, emerging trends, and where the business opportunities lie.
- You’ll be responsible for the successful launch of everything the team ships, which means being accountable for the quality of the solution and the impact that it has on both customers and the business. You’ll define meaningful outcomes and measure results against those standards to make sure we’re always meeting our high bar of excellence.
- You’ll work alongside Sales and Product Marketing to effectively launch and market what you build, so a good understanding of their core principles will be useful, and experience valued.
A typical day for a Product Lead
- Talking with current and potential customers to understand their challenges and pain points clearly.
- Writing insightful, clear, and helpful product briefs to ensure everyone on the team has the context they need to do their best work.
- Remotely collaborating with your teams via video chat, Paper docs, Trello and Slack.
- Working with key stakeholders to define the roadmap and strategy.
- Working closely with the design and engineering leads to define solutions to the problems you’ve outlined and prioritized.
- You’ve worked on and led cross-functional teams before, and bring a background in design or engineering to the mix.
- You are a natural collaborator, and know the best results happen when a team is working well together. You constantly inspire them by providing context (the why) and strong evidence of the customer and business value of what they’re working on.
- You are driven by making things people love to use. You are excited by solving complex problems in the simplest possible way, and seeing customers respond in a positive way.
- You have a history of being able to manage the delicate balance between business and customer needs, and how to make hard decisions related to the two.
- You lead with customer research so that you can understand their challenges clearly and communicate them with your teammates to solve problems collaboratively.
- You’re able to identify what a great product looks and feels like, and have the confidence to challenge the team to produce the best possible result when you know it’s not up to standard.
- You are an empathetic, outstanding communicator, both verbally and in writing. You’re able to take complex subjects and break them down using clear, simple writing.
- You have worked in a growth function in BRB SaaS organizations before, so you can lead from experience, not just raw talent.
- You are thoughtful, organized, and disciplined. You take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion.
- You are located between UTC-5 and UTC+1. For example, you could work 9-5 from either Nova Scotia/Boston/Brazil or UK/France.