Posted on February 21, 2019Active
We are a decentralized computing platform. It’s the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale.
As a public benefit corporation, we are dedicated to building the core protocols and developer platform. Our mission is to enable an open, decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users by giving them more control over information and computation.
We are headquartered in New York City, with a globally distributed team located across Hong Kong, Gambia, Barcelona, Toronto, and Seattle.
We’re looking for a Head of Open Source to increase development in our open source community. In this role you will interface with our engineers, developers building decentralized apps, and most importantly the broader open-source community to prioritize feature development of our open source software. You will lay the groundwork in strategy and implementation to motivate 1000s of engineers to open PRs that improve the the company’s codebase.
– Be responsible for the development of all ecosystem projects/repositories that are not explicitly maintained by our engineers and are developed by the broader open-source community.
– Be a critical liaison between our development community and internal engineering team.
– Introduce engineering processes that engagement our open source community and increase number of pull requests across repositories.
– Ensure that the organization’s open-source software meets criteria of our engineering quality and values; we go above and beyond the call of duty to protect our users.
– Increase our open source engagement, shape and drive open source metrics
– Assist the organization’s community with difficult to answer architecture and engineering questions, and provide senior engineering problem solving guidance.
– Work closely with the organization’s CEO and Head of Engineering to shape the roadmap of the company’s software.
– 5+ years development experience and a strong open source portfolio
-Built OSS that produces code at a scale many times larger than your internal team.
– Excellent communication skills
– Strong project management skills
– Desire to work in a transparent open-source structure with many contributors(not reporting to you).
– A formal training in CS and can take a deep dive on design decisions with core engineers.
– Familiarity with crypto protocols and blockchains or a strong passion to learn this rapidly developing technology.
– Passion for enabling fundamental digital rights for all internet users.
There are no bids yet.
Copyright 2018 Rise