We are looking for a Lead Program Manager to work at the intersection of cutting-edge technology, cost-effective supply chain and manufacturing, complex healthcare systems, and highly regulated airspaces. We are looking for a versatile leader, strong in both strategy and execution with proven success delivering cross-functional, technical programs efficiently and on-time. At Zipline, we envision Program Management as not only the glue that will hold cross-functional teams together but also as an empowered decision-making function, driving us forward to achieve our ambitious mission of providing every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies.
You will be responsible for:
- Program management and leadership of our biggest, most cross-disciplinary initiatives such as design, development, and deployment of our latest generation aircraft, or launching our service in the US.
- Building practical and helpful Program Management standards for the company to follow.
- Mentoring and growing project and program managers across our global organization.
- Growing and leading a right-sized, world-class Program Management team as appropriate to achieve our mission and business objectives.
- Setting objectives and key results, then executing against them. This includes partnering cross-functionally to set appropriate contractual deliverables and then executing them on time.
- You have shipped complex electromechanical systems in fast paced, high reliability, and medium/high production volume environments.
- You have sufficient technical experience or background to effectively lead technical programs.
- You have worked in fast-paced, high-growth environments like startups.
- You have either had a program management role with deep ownership of the outcome of projects or a similar role as a product manager, engineer, or executive.
- You have an entrepreneurial disposition; you are able to creatively solve hard problems, get up to speed quickly, and bring a curious, can-do zest to all the challenges you face.
Within 3 months you will:
- Your goals in the first 3 months will be dependent on the specific program you tackle first, but Zipline’s aircraft is a likely candidate.
- Become an expert on our aircraft program by getting into the weeds with the cross-functional team and breaking down barriers day-to-day and week-to-week.
- Define how our aircraft needs to change and improve in the next 12 months in order to achieve business goals.
- Get buy-in from all cross-functional partners within the organization on the program plan to achieve those aircraft and business objectives.