The world’s most iconic brands have a voice and bring something new to the conversation. We’d like the voices of social justice and inclusiveness to be heard more loudly – time’s up. Everything we put there, from our illustrations to the shortest snippet of writing, adds up to a brand we hope millions will recognize, trust, love and feel empowered by. We’re looking for a Product Marketer to join our growth team who wants to be on the front lines of this effort every day.
You’d be perfect for this role if:
- You’re highly strategic and executional — capable of & excited to be developing a communication campaign from scratch based on goals, choosing the right channels, and ushering it through publication.
- You’re familiar with all the channels and levers a company at our stage should use to communicate clearly — and you know how this should evolve over time.
- You aren’t afraid to work with marketing analytics and have a track record of successful campaigns backed up by measurable ROI.
- You’ve crafted and pitched stories to major press outlets that have made positive impact for a brand, and helped you have trusted and positive relationships with the media.
- You’re a strong writer with experience in copywriting, content marketing, or journalism. You love language and want to work somewhere you can get really creative.
- You’re a veteran at retention, CRM, email and lifecycle marketing — ideally 5+ years experience.
- You have experience working cross-functionally with creatives to produce world-class work, and have interest & a keen eye for great design
What will you do as a Product Marketer at Ava?
- Get to know our user segments and key use cases. Learn how to motivate our various audiences to take action and deepen their engagement with the product.
- This includes regular conversations with users to understand how they talk about the product, and what they want to get out of it.
- Create a cohesive strategy to make sure all the channels all telling that same story, and that that story’s working for us.
- Develop hypotheses about what we should say
- Rigorously test these ideas and pivot accordingly
- Produce tailored marketing campaigns that engage, nurture, and grow our user base from signup all the way through to team expansion, product mastery, and advocacy.
- Constantly monitor the results of your work and the performance of the campaigns strategize how to send even more effective messages. Take responsibility for collecting, analyzing, and reporting data yourself.
- Pitch unique stories that resonate with major and relevant outlets spreading the awareness of our brand far and wide.
- Partner closely with other teams to align everyone on communications and help them share the most effective content possible for their needs.
What the first 3 months may look like:
- Work closely withthe CEO, support and sales team to define a consistent brand voice that will infuse all our external communications.
- Rework the communications in all our marketing channels to update, educate our existing community and attract new users.
- Implement a new set of marketing KPIs to gauge effectiveness of this work
What’s special about this role?
- Actually change lives at an unprecedented scale: How often do you hear about products that make people cry of joy? It is really for us a unique opportunity and privilege to be able to meaningfully improve the lives of 100,000s of people – and yet to still be at the very beginning of our mission!
- Build from the ground floor: You’ll own what defines our core messaging, sets culture through internal communication, and guides our relationships and brand identity with our community, as well as the press, analysts, and the outside world.
- Set our strategy: We want to learn from you. Help us figure out which marketing channel to activate, which to connect with, when and how. Where we should be speaking and about what.
- Scale our story with the company: Grow with the marketing team and steer us through big launches while keeping our team and community informed and aligned.