Who are we?
Our year-round education efforts transform how organizations work by arming them with an entrepreneurial methodology. We serve every size company and sector of the economy — from the the aspiring entrepreneur to high-growth startups, nonprofits, and large bureaucratic institutions. They look to us for practical lessons in modern management. We serve our highly-engaged community with professional, practical content and live events and by connecting leaders with experts who can coach them.
Who are we seeking?
The ideal person for this role:
- Thrives in ambiguity; enjoys being creative when designing sponsorship packages; ask the right questions and actively listening; and has great project management skills.
- Has an ownership and “get-things-done” mentality and is extremely solution-oriented while being open to coaching and guidance along the way.
- Has a high level of personal accountability and a willingness to take calculated risks.
- Currently works with and or recently has worked with other clients in a similar sponsorship sales capacity.
The position is 100% remote. We ask that you’re 1) located in the U.S. and 2) available to communicate during Pacific Time business hours.
What skill set and experience will demonstrate to you that I have the chops to sell sponsorships?
- You can illustrate value for organizations. Through your personalized sales pitches, you are able to make prospective customers understand the unique value proposition they will achieve by becoming a sponsor.
- You build trusted and long-term business relationships. You act as a continuous point of contact to ensure that the customer is happy from point of sale to fulfillment and create an experience that makes them want to come back for more.
- You take initiative and see things through. You know what it takes to drive a project to completion.
- You love problem-solving. You love tackling big challenges and figuring things out. You don’t need a lot of hand-holding and aren’t afraid of new things you’ve never tried before.
- You are a pro at self-managing own projects. You know what it takes to keep yourself in line and on the path towards project completion at agreed-upon deadlines. You know how important it is to ensure you’re understanding the projects needs and check in to keep everyone on the same page as you work towards completion.
What You’ll Do:
You will build the overall sponsorship sales strategy and plan of attack:
- Lead generation / build a sales pipeline of new companies for sponsorships
- Work with Head of events to develop a sponsorship kit and create pricing strategy
- Work with Head of Events to conduct customer development calls with all enterprise purchasers to understand their pain points. Use this data to offer custom solutions to them and/or offer ticket bundles.
- Follow up on all inbound leads and all open sales opportunities.
- Monitor and interact on our website sales chat channel, and develop relationships with
- people who make contact there.
- Work with internal team to determine what can be offered at the Conference regarding the
- training products/services.
- Take learnings in sales conversations to the marketing side to integrate copy ideas and
- ways to overcome objections.
- Document all conversations and results to build metrics through Salesforce.
- Use the results of conversations and metrics to improve the sales process.
- Develop target lists of companies and build relationships.
- Work with the marketing, customer service, and community building teams to schedule 1
- on 1 conversations with potential customers.
- Help determine what materials are needed, and work with content marketing team to
- make sure we have them.
- Coordinate deliverables and provide account management services to confirmed
- sponsors leading up to the conference.
- Onboard, manage, and train sponsor coordinator.
- Be the main point of contact for Presenting Sponsor during the conference.
You’ll fit right into this role and our team if:
- You’re curious and resourceful. You LOVE solving problems and aren’t afraid to admit you’re obsessed with getting the details right.
- You possess high levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- You have a keen ability to manage competing and changing priorities and work well with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Simple, direct and clear communication style.
- Minimum 2 years professional sponsorship sales experience. Currently or have recently served as a sponsorship sales contractor in a similar capacity.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; organizational and time management skills.
- Reliable, responsive and consistently meets deadlines.
- Strong personal sense of professionalism, responsibility and accountability.
- Strong relationship management skills and emotional intelligence.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt new strategies on the fly.
- Experience with and enjoys working remotely and collaboratively (Slack, Zoom, Trello, Google apps).
- Experience with Salesforce (or able to learn quickly).
- Ability to juggle and prioritize many different tasks simultaneously, and enjoys collaborating with others.
- Previous knowledge and/or experience with the Lean Startup methodology a plus!
- You can work from wherever you want in the U.S., as long as you have a working laptop and solid internet connection and are available to communicate during Pacific Time business hours.