We’re building a platform to empower web developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a user experience and design manager to lead, nurture, and grow our incredible product design team. The ideal candidate is someone that has led and grown design teams, has a track record of successful mentorship and has a design vision and skillset aligned to accelerate developer experience for web developers. They should be well versed and opinionated in modern design best practices, utilizing quantitative and qualitative data as part of the design process, and bring fresh ideas and methods for product design and discovery.
About the role:
- oversee the product design team which includes Product and UX Designers. You will have individual contributors reporting to you. You will need to help hire and grow the team.
- You’ll be a confident leader with the ability to facilitate conversations and decision-making within the team. You’ll be responsible for setting, tracking and communicating metrics around work output and goals.
- In addition to people management responsibilities, you will need to establish a hiring process for the Product design and research focused on building a happy, healthy and diverse team.
- You will work help develop metrics for your function that represent their work and contributions.
- You will also work closely with other managers and leaders within the organization to plan projects, schedule resourcing for those projects and identify risks.
- You will need to enable the team to work productively across different timezones. Fostering good habits of documentation, empathy, and integrity to deliver on committed work are some of the key elements for success on our team. Experience working and managing remote teams is a big plus.
- Experience leading teams of Product & UX Designers through the complete product discovery to delivery life cycle.
- A champion for product usability and someone who removes roadblocks so teams can continue to work closely together as we scale the organization.
- Familiar with the tool sets the teams use (Figma, GitHub, Abstract, Storybook, etc.)
- Ability to hire thoughtfully and quickly.
- Ability to develop the individual’s skills and professional careers of Product Designers and researchers.
- Can supervise work priorities and direction by collaborating with the PM and development teams.
- Ability to work across multiple timezones with remote colleagues
- A desire to succeed personally through the success of the team
Apply now: https://boards.greenhouse.io/netlify/jobs/4650472002