We’re looking for our first UX Writer to help us craft the right words to enable teams all over the world to collaborate more efficiently throughout their design process. You should enjoy crafting guidelines for voice and tone, and helping teams deliver quality content from start to finish. You should be excited to dig through our existing product copy and find opportunities for consistency and simplicity.
You will be a part of the Product Design team to stay close and connected to the product, but will be expected to work closely with a range of cross-functional partners including product managers, researchers, engineers, marketers, and customer support and education to ensure we speak to our users in a clear concise manner.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to overall strategy around product copy and content, as well as produce final copy for all in-product content
- Work cross-functionally with designers, product managers, researchers, engineers, marketers, customer support and product education to ensure consistency and deliver high quality content
- As one person it may be difficult to try and write everything yourself, so you’ll want to identify and drive methods to scale (e.g. guidelines and workshops) so teams can also write themselves
- Partner with the go-to-market team to consider the ways we speak to users across all surfaces both in and outside of the product. While this role focuses primarily on “inside the product”, there are always important points of overlap (e.g. feature naming, tone, style)
What We Value
- 3+ years professional writing experience in shaping content for products
- A portfolio or series of work samples that demonstrate clear and effective content writing (e.g. voice and tone guides, specific product copy screenshots, etc,.)
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills; you should thrive in turning complex technical concepts into approachable and simple terms anyone can understand
- Basic knowledge of design tools and related products, and familiar with terms from industry SaaS / Enterprise software