GoingVC is hiring a part-time, remote Investor Program Lead to join its rapidly expanding team.
The individual hired for the role will be primarily tasked with:
Developing and Managing GoingVC’s Investor Program – One of the cornerstones of the GoingVC experience is the ability for members to participate in the Investor Program, which enables them to go out, source real world startup deals, pitch these deals in front of an investment committee, and potentially perform diligence on those that GoingVC’s sister investment vehicle, GVC Partners, is interested in investing within. As the program has grown, so too has the dealflow and portfolio of GVC Partners, and thus, the primary role of the Investor Program Lead will be to keep these pipelines from becoming clogged and facilitate the processes and procedures that have to occur in order to move an potential opportunity from initial sourcing to investment.
Note, this is not an investing role.
While there will be opportunities for the Investor Program Lead to assist in diligence and deal assessment, their primary responsibilities will be administrative. Principally speaking, the majority of their time will be spent managing and tracking dealflow metrics, facilitating portfolio company support, and finding creative ways to improve the Investor Program itself.
Specific Job Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting in the management of our network of Investor Program Associates
- Assisting in the management of our network of Investor Program Principals
- Tracking and reporting on dealflow metrics and milestones for GVC Partners
- Working with GVC leadership to brainstorm on new initiatives / goals / structures to run the Investor Program more effectively
- Reporting on and pushing forward diligence on specific investment opportunities that GVC Partners is analyzing on behalf of the Investor Program
- Creating feedback loops with Investor Program Associates & Principals to ensure their experiences are going well
- Facilitating assistance and support for GVC Partners’ portfolio companies
- Leading investment committee calls
- Helping to build and manage GVC Partners’ investor relationships and CRM
- Working with GoingVC’s content team to develop relevant material pertaining to the Investor Program / GVC Partners
Who We’re Looking For
GoingVC is a fast-moving, quickly expanding startup, and can sometimes have the chaotic atmosphere to prove it.
With this in mind, successful candidates for the remote, part-time Investor Program Lead position should be able to check many of the following boxes:
- You do what you say you are going to do, when you say you are going to do it
- You are very detail-oriented
- You’re comfortable working independently and remotely – and know what this feels like
- You have an entrepreneurial mentality and aren’t afraid to challenge varying ideas and opinions with your own
- You’re a clear, crisp communicator and value brevity in your conversations
- You have at least a good understanding of the Venture Capital field
- You are able to adapt on the fly and handle unforeseen developments with ease
- You are extremely polite and responsive – (this is super important, as you will be representing GoingVC in many different correspondences with VC investors and other professionals)
- You’re familiar with business productivity tools such as Trello, Slack, and Microsoft Office
- While this is not an investing role, some prior early-stage VC experience is preferred
- An existing network within venture capital
- Some experience managing teams